Sunday, May 10, 2020

Welcome and Instructions for Monday

Welcome again to the course! I sent everyone an e-mail with the syllabus, so make sure to look over it and e-mail me with any questions. I go over the syllabus in the first post (2 posts down). I'll give you more information about this week on Tuesday, but for now, this is all you need to do to get the class started:

1. Buy the books for the class (listed in the syllabus) as soon as possible, since we start reading for Wednesday's class. If you get behind you can easily get snowed in by work (since it's only a three-week class). 

2. Watch the two short videos in the post below this one and respond to the question with a comment on the blog (it's all explained in the post below).

3. E-mail me at jgrasso@ecok.edu on MONDAY with responses to the following questions:

1. Your name and major 
2. Your preferred e-mail address(es) (I assume the one you're e-mailing me from, but maybe not)
3. Any experience with comics you have--any comics you've read before, or any you enjoy reading or collect. If you don't have experience, just let me know you're new to the form (no shame in that!).
4. Finally, tell me what is the biggest challenge you've faced so far from the COVID crisis. It can be anything, large or small (this will help me learn your name and know something about you, since we can't talk face-to-face). 

That's it so far! Welcome to the class, and e-mail me with any questions! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Final Paper Resources, Part 3: Cultural Significance of Comics

For those of you interested in exploring the cultural significance of comics, there are many articles and discussions about how comics both ...